Kirk S. Comer
In his 15 years of practice, Mr. Comer has acquired extensive experience litigating a wide variety of legal matters on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. His practice focuses on business, public entity, real estate and multi-plaintiff complex litigation. He has handled every aspect of litigation from case inception through appeal in numerous practice areas – litigating cases in state and federal court, and arbitrating matters locally and internationally.
Prior to joining Etehad Law, Mr. Comer was a partner at Casselman Law Group, a boutique trial firm in the San Fernando Valley. While there, Mr. Comer assumed a leading role in prosecuting the firm’s complex, large-scale, multi-year litigation by acting as the partner in charge of research and writing.
As Plaintiff Counsel
As plaintiffs’ counsel, Mr. Comer was an instrumental part of the trial team that successfully settled the internationally renowned Millennium Tower litigation in San Francisco on behalf of 200+ individual plaintiffs, whose luxury condominiums were damaged by an adjacent public works construction project. He also played an integral role in real estate litigation on behalf of homeowner plaintiffs against the County of San Bernardino for flood damage, for plaintiff homeowners against the State of California for damage to homes caused by an Orange County freeway expansion project, and a successful construction defect litigation against a developer for homes damaged by a mudslide. Mr. Comer also obtained a favorable settlement for the Government of Alberta, Canada in a high-profile fraud case.
As Defense Counsel
Recently, and most notably, Mr. Comer successfully defended a business fraud matter and battery allegations against an orthopedic surgeon both by way of summary judgment. Through arbitration, Mr. Comer defended an award on behalf of his clients in an international shipping dispute, successfully defeated 94% of claimed damages on behalf of a restaurant accused of labor violations, and was successful in an anti-SLAPP motion in federal court for a client accused of defamation.
Kirk is licensed to practice before all the courts of the state of California and the United States District Court for the Central & Eastern Districts of California, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Kirk S. Comer
NOTABLE VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
- $1,300,000 Award in inverse condemnation arbitration
- $985,000 Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash (Extremity Surgery)
- $780,000 Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash (Surgery Recommendation)
- $450,000 Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash (Minor Physical Injuries)
- $2,190,500 Jury Verdict in a fraud case with Punitive Damages
- $250,000 Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash (Surgery Recommendation)
- $250,000 Uninsured Motorist Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash
- $225,000 Uninsured Motorist Settlement in an Auto v. Auto crash
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, President 2010
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, Vice President 2009
- San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, Secretary 2008
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers, 2015, 2016, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Pomona College, Claremont, B.A. History, 1999
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2005